- A unique golf course designed by Wayne Stiles in 1927. One of Stiles hallmarks was incorporating the rugged New England topography into the design of the holes.
- The course incorporates the rolling hills, elevation changes and ancient stone walls that truly reflect the New England landscape. The natural terrain will challenge even the best golfer’s ability to hit uphill, downhill and side hill shots. Large stands of oak and maples line every fairway and provide a vivid, colorful display each fall.
- Another distinction of a Stiles golf course is smooth greens that include movement within every section of the green. Breaks are often subtle sometimes beguiling a golfer into playing a break that isn’t there. Greens on a Stiles course often slope from back to front making it a challenge to save par on approaches that carry long.
- Dynamic holes that can change dramatically in length and playing strategy based on tee placement keep the course fresh and challenging, no matter how many rounds are played over the course of a season.
- No tee times! A unique benefit of Sharon Country Club, in that the game is played on your schedule.
- Three sets of tee boxes allow the course to play from 5561 to 6583 yards.
COURSE RATING AND SLOPE
- Blue/ White: men 72.8 rating, 129 slope
- Yellow/Red: women 74.3 rating, 130 slope
- Green: seniors 66.4 rating, 122 slope